Spare Tire Specs 2018 Expedition Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we’re all doing a lot of assuming, I would have assumed that you’d have posted about your spare tire upgrade. Your side exit exhaust video shows a factory spare tire and from what I remember, there wasn’t much extra room around the tire when stowed for a considerably larger tire to fit. So thanks for assuming I didn’t do my homework before posting last night.

BTW, pics today or it didn’t happen! :D

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Since we’re all doing a lot of assuming, I would have assumed that you’d have posted about your spare tire upgrade. Your side exit exhaust video shows a factory spare tire and from what I remember, there wasn’t much extra room around the tire when stowed for a considerably larger tire to fit. So thanks for assuming I didn’t do my homework before posting last night.

BTW, pics today or it didn’t happen! :D
There you go assuming again, who said anything about it being under the truck? And my exhaust video is from like 3 months ago. It’s only been recently that I got the spare, probably over one of admin- issued hiatuses.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you have your matching full size spare properly secured somewhere in/on your Expy so that in the unlikely event that you are in an accident or leave the road way, it doesn't become a danger to the occupants inside your vehicle or to other motorist on the road. Of course this is all just an assumption...

Also, still waiting for those pics (which should be really easy to snap since you don't have to crawl under your lifted manly 3rd gen non-minivan vehicle to take them) :p

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So you have your matching full size spare properly secured somewhere in/on your Expy so that in the unlikely event that you are in an accident or leave the road way, it doesn't become a danger to the occupants inside your vehicle or to other motorist on the road. Of course this is all just an assumption...

Also, still waiting for those pics (which should be really easy to snap since you don't have to crawl under your lifted manly 3rd gen non-minivan vehicle to take them) :p
Now who said it was in/on? Maybe I have it and am still working on fabricating a spot for it? Maybe I still have my OEM spare under the truck? Why are you so anxious to see pics of my truck? 2018 buyers remorse? Jealousy?

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got more of a full sized spare than you all do
Now who said it was in/on? Maybe I have it and am still working on fabricating a spot for it? Maybe I still have my OEM spare under the truck?
So...you have "more" of a full sized spare than everybody else here, but yours "may or may not be" actually carried in/on/under/on top of/in back of your truck? LOL. What the hell good is a spare that may or may not be in your car?

Well I have the super duperest full size spare, better than yours, but it may or may not be in my garage, or at my nephew's house, or even still at Amazon's warehouse, and I'm not going to show you pics of it because it would make you get super jealous and rage-quit the forum.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

You just worry about yourself there little fella and you can wait until I finish that project. And dont worry, you’ll see pics of it but you’ll have to venture over to the dark side 3rd gen forum to see them

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So...you have "more" of a full sized spare than everybody else here, but yours "may or may not be" actually carried in/on/under/on top of/in back of your truck? LOL. What the hell good is a spare that may or may not be in your car?

Well I have the super duperest full size spare, better than yours, but it may or may not be in my garage, or at my nephew's house, or even still at Amazon's warehouse, and I'm not going to show you pics of it because it would make you get super jealous and rage-quit the forum.

:untitled:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You just worry about yourself there little fella and you can wait until I finish that project. And dont worry, you’ll see pics of it but you’ll have to venture over to the dark side 3rd gen forum to see them
so you dont have a fullsize spare! you will have one. so you can go up to post #17 and fix what you put.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
so you dont have a fullsize spare! you will have one. so you can go up to post #17 and fix what you put.
Nah man I’m good. Thanks for caring though, I’ll leave it as is

Reaction score
The Expedition spare is a full size spare and is a regular tire. The overall diameter is nearly identical to the regular tires. You can drive at regular speeds without a problem (with the tire properly inflated). The negitives are that the tire is not identical, so you could have minor handling issues and you no longer have a spare if the spare is on the vehicle. My preferance would be to put this tire on the rear if you are traveling a longer distance to minimize the handling issues. This is not a temporary spare timre.