Spark plug settlement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I received mine in the mail yesterday. I haven't had a chance to read through it all the way.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read a bit of it. It looks like if you didn't spend at least $300 and have someone else do it, then you don't get anything. I may be reading it wrong and someone correct me if I am, please. I did mine myself and just spent a bit under $200.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonKing

Reaction score
I think you are correct tsingson, if you didn't spend more than $300 for someone to do it.. you don't get anything.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Devil is always in the details. You must have spent atleast $300 on the job JUST TO GET A PERCENTAGE refunded to you. On a vehicle with less than 120K miles. Using their own example:

if a Class Member paid $400 to replace 8 plugs ($50 per replaced plug), that Class Member (upon submission of a properly documented claim) would be entitled to $20.

$20!

The attorneys are holding out for $5.25M. Each of the 50 class action plantiffs who brought the action will receive $2000 to $7500 each. Should have went to law school.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that. I was very disappointed even if I had paid someone to do it.

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my notice yesterday, but I have a 2005 2nd gen. It says this is for 2005-2008 Expy, and other vehicles.

If you submit a standard claim form and documentation.....ect then you can get reibursement as follows as long as your plugs were replaced before 120k miles.

Between $300 and $500 - 20% back
500 to 1000 - 50% back
For costs at or above $1000 - 75% back

"For example, if you paid $2000 to replace 8 plugs, you would receive a $1040 Settlement check" if you submit the claim and documents properly.

Maybe one of you with more knowledge in the area of class actions and such can help me out? My issue is that I have 180k on my Expy and I have not done the plugs because I have been scared to. I bought it with about 175k, and I would assume that the previous owners would have replaced the plugs already, but I don't know if there is a way to tell or not. If I am reading the last paragraph correctly it means I should take my Expy in and have the plugs replaced before Dec 22nd for me to qualify?

Reimbursement For Spark Plug Replacements After 120,000 Miles
Class Members whose first Spark Plug Replacement occurred after 120,000 miles are also eligible for reimbursement pursuant to the formulas outlined above in Examples 1, 2, and 3 if they complete and submit a Standard Claim Form or a Non-Standard Claim Form and: (1) sign a declaration identifying: (a) the authorized Ford dealership that instructed them to wait to have the spark plugs in the Class Vehicle replaced, and (b) the approximate date on which this information was conveyed to the Class Member; and (2) the Class Member provides dealership service records establishing that he/she/it took the Vehicle to the authorized Ford Dealership between 90,000 and 120,000 miles. An example More Than 120,000 Miles Declaration for Class Members to complete for this type of claim is provided on this website.

Class Members who fall in this category (Vehicle has more than 120,000 miles) and who have not yet had the spark plugs in their Vehicle replaced must have the Spark Plug Replacement completed at an authorized Ford dealership no later than December 22, 2015 to be eligible for reimbursement pursuant to the terms set forth above.

Last edited: