Spark Plugs, no more BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KerryP

Reaction score
Ok..so I’m a girl, and I did the passenger side bank last night. (Rain hit before I could do the passenger side).
I had to rig an extension because the extensions I had weren’t going to work.
It’s still raining today, but I can happily post pics or a video of my extension and removing the plugs and coils.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok..so I’m a girl, and I did the passenger side bank last night. (Rain hit before I could do the passenger side).
It’s still raining today, but I can happily post pics or a video of my extension and removing the plugs and coils.
But this can't be. I read earlier in this thread that it is impossible to change the plugs! How much of the body did you have to cut to get to the spark plugs? /s

Anyways.. Good work! I hear the passenger side is worse, hopefully the driver's side goes easier for you. I'm planning to tackle the same job within the next couple weeks. Do tell about the rigged extension! I've got several elbows and wobblers so it should be ok, but tips are welcomed.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys/girls are using to start the new plugs in their threads? I've liked a hunk of tight fitting fuel hose to start them.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an old spark plug boot with a long bolt jammed into the end where the wire would go for a handle

I am talking about a standard spark plug boot from and old car engine, not one of these new style ones

nice thing about it is its flexible since the boot is made from silicone rubber

OP
OP
and0r

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score

... do it

KerryP

Reaction score
Ok..i braved the rain and finished the drivers side. I noticed that i wrote passenger side 2 times yesterday...i was tired. So, drivers side is by far harder to get to the rear plug. The engineers clearly had a sense of humor when they designed it.
Took a wobble and a standardish med/small extension and little hand to weave through all the lines to get to the rear plug. The front plug- removed the bracket on the steering resevoir it was only three bolts and took like 3 minutes to do.
I have a picture i can share of the extension down in the hole. Its not an ideal picture, but im fairly sure that if youve looked at one of these enough you will be able to figure out where the camera was pointing and at what.

20180313_182220.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm impressed, no scratch that, I think I'm in Love!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk