spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnA

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with NGK 372 as replacements? Also heard that folks were replacing COPs at same time. Any feedback?

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its a 4.6 ford...dont usem.i tried them few yrs back and replaced them days later cause misfires...after putting in motorcrafts...here i am 5yrs today replacing them with motorcrafts. just did them yesterday. didnt need to but did. my plugs were pretty good for 5 yrs....after inspecting them. was replaced cause of bad wire. whole set up wires plugs coils (packs) not c.o.p...5 yrs old . motorcraft parts...except coil packs.there were m.s.d

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Motorcraft Oem Platinum tip, is the best choice. They are a 75,000 mi plug. Ford had loose spark plug issues. The fix was a change in the threads on the new plug. For that reason alone, use the Motorcraft. Change them while its cold(very important). Inspect the coils, they are expensive. If money not a issue, change them. If they look ok, I would put them back in. I had one that looked rough(cracked). It was still working, but I changed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JohnA

Reaction score
thanks for the help. still debating the iridium vs Motor craft, cops look OK but who knows. For the record its a 2010 XLT w/5.4 3v.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Motorcraft SP-515. This is the new design plug... The one that doesn't break and rated for 100,000 miles. (What I and many others here are using happily)

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To answer your original question, I'm using NGK 372 plugs in my 2011 Expy with a 5.4
I only have a couple of thousand miles on them, but I'm happy so far.

OP
OP
J

JohnA

Reaction score
thanku purevw. still debating. Understand SP515 is still 2 pc design. that's y I'm considering ngk.

Dani Vela

Reaction score
I changed mine a three years ago for the first time at 96k miles. I am currently at 106k on my 03 Expedition. I used E3 spark plugs. I am happy with them. Getting ready to do a tune up on my impala and will be using E3 plugs on that too.