Speed Limit on Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiddKid

Reaction score
Simple question...my wife's current car has a HUD that displays the speed limit on the road she's currently driving on. While she knows she won't have a HUD in her new Expy, she did ask if the digital display on the dash shows the speed limit. Anyone know the answer? Thanks!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you can, you can select what you want to display in the instrument cluster and customize it.

OP
OP
M

MiddKid

Reaction score
Yes you can, you can select what you want to display in the instrument cluster and customize it.

Great! She'll be happy to know that while she's losing the HUD, she can glance down and see what the speed limit is on the road she's on.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume this data is driven by the navigation database. If that's correct, how does Ford handle map updates? How often are they released, and how much do the updates cost?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume this data is driven by the navigation database. If that's correct, how does Ford handle map updates? How often are they released, and how much do the updates cost?
If it's like the current system not very well. Updates are every yearish and I think it about $200 for the update. Considering that you can use Waze for free with free updates, it's hardly worth upgrading the factory Nav system.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that's about the same boat I'm in with my Jeep, except they only release updates every 2-3 years.

Where I live it seems like they change speed limits on several major streets every year. I've never updated my factory maps.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish I could delete the nav option. It’s obviously included on my platinum but it bothers me to know I spent $715 on that.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish I could delete the nav option. It’s obviously included on my platinum but it bothers me to know I spent $715 on that.
I think I agree to a certain extent. I’d rather just have my iPhone send whatever nap I’m using on it to the Nav screen instead of having both the car map and phone map. I know that some apps will do this with the car play feature but from what I understand Waze isn’t one of them but google maps is. Either way just give me the casting ability to the nav screen and keep the factory map out all together.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I agree to a certain extent. I’d rather just have my iPhone send whatever nap I’m using on it to the Nav screen instead of having both the car map and phone map. I know that some apps will do this with the car play feature but from what I understand Waze isn’t one of them but google maps is. Either way just give me the casting ability to the nav screen and keep the factory map out all together.
Waze needs to make their app Carplay approved before we can use it on the big screen, at least for Apple. I think Android will already work with the main screen.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last time I shopped Ford was in 2014 when my wife got rear-ended and needed a new car ASAP. I seem to recall the Sync system didn't actually have its own navigation, but it used the nav from your phone. We tried it out at the dealership in an Escape. I can't remember really how it worked but I remember strongly disliking the system. I also remember thinking at the time that a built-in nav was way more reliable and easy to use.

Fast forward 3 years and now I barely use the built-in navigation in my car, preferring to use Google Maps with the audio coming through Bluetooth. Funny how your attitude can change so quickly.

Maybe this concept would work better now with Carplay and Android Auto. Although from my limited reading up on Android Auto it still seems like beta software.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze