Spyder dual halo projector headlights on the 2003 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnny44

Reaction score
I am so interested in these, how did you hook up the halos, just to the parking lamps or what?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those look nice and definitely better than the previous lights I had...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so interested in these, how did you hook up the halos, just to the parking lamps or what?

I have mine to my parking lights cuz I like to stunt around with just the halos on...if not u wire them to the actual headlight wire and they will come on when the headlight comes on...if u do it to the parking like u can do it like it is in the vid

OP
OP
EVILTOW

EVILTOW

Reaction score
I have mine to my parking lights cuz I like to stunt around with just the halos on...if not u wire them to the actual headlight wire and they will come on when the headlight comes on...if u do it to the parking like u can do it like it is in the vid

Yea just to the parking lights like you said. For daytime driving and dusk the halos look good. Im happy with the cutoff and everything. I plan to add HIDs to them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they will prob need H1 bulbs if they don't take the 9006 in HID...im going to add green halos and LEDs to mine when I get them

Dnny44

Reaction score
I was thinking of wiring up auto DRLs so i can stunt around with them and not have to remember to turn them on lol

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you could run them off of a run/accessory fuse by using an add a fuse and then when you turn the key on, they turn on. I've used one to add my heated seats, sirius xm, and my backup camera (I manually turn it on or off once it has accessory power).

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will say it again. Halogen projectors will not produce a good cutoff with HIDs and will glare at other drivers.

If they are H1s you may have issues finding HID bulbs that fit. H1s are pretty thin and many HID bulbs will not fit without modding the projector for clearance.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say it again. Halogen projectors will not produce a good cutoff with HIDs and will glare at other drivers.

If they are H1s you may have issues finding HID bulbs that fit. H1s are pretty thin and many HID bulbs will not fit without modding the projector for clearance.

I can 100% disagree as I have done it with previous headlights just like his...they were halogen and I replaced them with HIDs and the cutoff was fine...I adjusted the headlights and was good to go...AND I drove my wife's car and looked at my truck...no glare....

I was thinking of wiring up auto DRLs so i can stunt around with them and not have to remember to turn them on lol

r u sure that u want them on high noon on a bright and sunny day when they wouldn't be that noticeable? at a show they would but I personally wouldn't just drive around bright sunny days with them on...it will definitely require muscle memory to turn them off...I left them on once while in the movies...I had a good strong battery and I was good to go...lol...I turn mine on when it's getting close to dusk and ride around too or wherever I am and then sun is down enough for them to be seen...CCFLs are as bright as LEDs or plasma...so I'm switching to LEDs if they cant put plasma in them...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze