Spyder dual halo projector headlights on the 2003 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also be careful with 55W HIDs in entry level projectors. Some can produce enough heat to burn the projector inside and reduce output noticeably.

I can 100% disagree as I have done it with previous headlights just like his...they were halogen and I replaced them with HIDs and the cutoff was fine...I adjusted the headlights and was good to go...AND I drove my wife's car and looked at my truck...no glare....

Feel free to post pics of the housings and showing the cutoff. If there is a sharp cutoff without hotspots I will gladly retract my statements.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also be careful with 55W HIDs in entry level projectors. Some can produce enough heat to burn the projector inside and reduce output noticeably.

Feel free to post pics of the housings and showing the cutoff. If there is a sharp cutoff without hotspots I will gladly retract my statements.

I don't have the pics...just didn't think and was into taking pics of work completed then as I am now...this was back in 2010 when I first joined the site...no need to retract ur statement cuz it could be the ones I had...idk...its all good

I agree with u on the 55w HIDs...go with 35w HIDs...

Dnny44

Reaction score
I can 100% disagree as I have done it with previous headlights just like his...they were halogen and I replaced them with HIDs and the cutoff was fine...I adjusted the headlights and was good to go...AND I drove my wife's car and looked at my truck...no glare....

r u sure that u want them on high noon on a bright and sunny day when they wouldn't be that noticeable? at a show they would but I personally wouldn't just drive around bright sunny days with them on...it will definitely require muscle memory to turn them off...I left them on once while in the movies...I had a good strong battery and I was good to go...lol...I turn mine on when it's getting close to dusk and ride around too or wherever I am and then sun is down enough for them to be seen...CCFLs are as bright as LEDs or plasma...so I'm switching to LEDs if they cant put plasma in them...

yah I'd rather have them be automatic because I have left lights on before and killed the battery, plus I just put an LED bar behind the grill that I already have to remember to cut off lol

SgtStedanko

Reaction score
INSTALLED THE SPYDER PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS WITH DUAL HALOS ON THE 2003 EXPEDITION. ALSO GOT A SET FOR THE 2002 MUSTANG GT.

IM VERY HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY AND LIGHT OUTPUT.

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO I SHOT OF THEM IN ACTION!

That looks super cool!

I have been looking at the Spyder brand of headlights too. Do they come with bulbs? If not, what bulbs did you use? I have been trying to get some research in on all these bulb types (like people are mentioning in your thread) but I just don't have the time. Yours look pretty cool and if they work and put good bright light down the road, that is what I want.

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those headlights are junk unfortunately. With halogens their output is worse than stock, with HIDs in those the bowls often get burnt and the beam pattern is awful, it's not just having a sharp cutoff that matters (which any projector has because of their shield) the light pattern below the cutoff is even more important to make sure light is being directed properly.