Stalling when turning the steering wheel at low speed, rough idol, loss of power, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LimoRob

Reaction score
So if I’m driving slow in a parking lot for example, my 05 Expedition will stall, especially when I turn the steering the rpm’s drop and it stalls. Any ideas?

OP
OP
L

LimoRob

Reaction score
Also coils,wires plugs, and egr vacuum solenoid have been replaced in the last year so it’s not likely any of those.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the inside of the throttle body - and if dirty, clean it good with spray throttle body cleaner.

The edge of the throttle body butterfly valve (and mating surface of the inside body bore) become dirty and prevent sufficient airflow at idle. This can cause a rough idle and/or stalling.

When you release the accelerator pedal and turn the wheel, the power steering pump puts an additional load on the engine. If the throttle body is not letting enough air bypass the blade, it will cause the engine to stall as the RPM’s drop.

Do NOT use carburetor cleaner, as it can damage the oxygen sensors.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how many people do tune-up items and ignore the throttle body cleaning, or spraying out the maf sensor. Like replacing 02 sensors at recommended intervals their part of a 30/60/90 service. Trick is use Ford or top shelf parts, or your better off not replacing at all.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk