Struggling with my Decision!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Option 1: Fully loaded Platinum Expedition

Option 2: Gator Reserve w/Tech package

Option 1 is about 7-8K cheaper with the current incentives AND I get everything the Gator offers, just in a different / less luxurious package. Additionally, the kid(s) get the RSE.

However, after test driving the Gator, nothing compares honestly. The Expy will totally suit our needs and I'll feel less worried about the kid(s) and dogs tearing things up over the course of time.

I'm keeping this thing for 8 years, hence analysis paralysis! Either way, I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow and then I'm done with it!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Navigator...it comes with wi fi and ur kiddies prolli already have tablets so the rse will be mute. Going off reviews both consumers and critics, the navi feels every bit the asking price, the expy, not so much. Get what you love and you clearly love the nav more. Im honestly puttin my money away cuz when my lease is up, im gettin the refreshed navi reserve.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say go Expedition, if you are keeping it 8 years it will age much better than the Navi. Less to break and it seems all the higher end ones go obselete quicker and age not so well when compared to the regular. Think an 08’ Navigator vs 08’ Expedition.... one ages a lot better than the other. Tech is the first thing to go obselete on any vehicle so when buying long term it’s not really the highest priority, as it’s not going to be relevant that long. It’s like looking back at those old Buick’s with the big digital screen and cluster, kind of a laughing stock now..... imagine how the Navi will be looked at with it’s screens everywhere in the vehicle as it ages.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Expy. You’ll save the 8k now, another 5-10k on stuff that will break after the Navi is out of warranty and then you can laugh out loud when you find out they hold the same value when you’re ready to sell it in 2025.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you have to give up to come up with the $8k? That’s almost a $100/mo you could spend on something else...

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Option 1: Fully loaded Platinum Expedition

Option 2: Gator Reserve w/Tech package

Option 1 is about 7-8K cheaper with the current incentives AND I get everything the Gator offers, just in a different / less luxurious package. Additionally, the kid(s) get the RSE.

However, after test driving the Gator, nothing compares honestly. The Expy will totally suit our needs and I'll feel less worried about the kid(s) and dogs tearing things up over the course of time.

I'm keeping this thing for 8 years, hence analysis paralysis! Either way, I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow and then I'm done with it!

This is a great problem to be struggling with. Lol. Some people worry about paying the rent. I would go with the Navigator. Good luck in whatever one you choose.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the Navigator otherwise you'll beat yourself up the next few years. In the grand scheme of things its not much more money.

If you want cheap, get a Transit Connect van.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Assuming they are equipped equally...........

The exterior is subjective. I actually prefer the Ford on that one. I will give the wheels to Lincoln for sure. The front end, I prefer the ford.

That leaves the interior, is it worth $8k? It is beautiful and is being heralded as such. I guess that depends on your bank account!

The rest of the truck is virtually identical. Some slight suspension differences in regards to the tuning of the CCD. I will say, never having driven the Lincoln, the ford rides like a dream in normal. I didn’t try ECO. I put it in sport on the way up the mountain in pouring rain and surprisingly, it handled much smaller than it actually is.

Just my 2 cents

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the nav has a slightly softer set up than the expys ccd.