Struggling with my Decision!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm only 1 week into my 8+ week wait, but the dealer has located an Expy that has everything I custom ordered PLUS the tow package, and they can get it to me in a couple of days. Apparently this was a custom order that fell through, so the car has been on the lot for 40 days....

should I pull the trigger on this one or wait for my brand new order to come (without the tow package)?
Can you afford the extra $1500 or whatever the price difference is? Even if you don't tow anything with it, it's probably worth it just for the upgraded radiator (and rear axle)...

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, with X-Plan it's not even that much more. My bigger "Issue"..which probably isn't an issue to be honest...is the car has been on the lot for 40 days apparently. I have a note into the dealer asking about miles on it...

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, with X-Plan it's not even that much more. My bigger "Issue"..which probably isn't an issue to be honest...is the car has been on the lot for 40 days apparently. I have a note into the dealer asking about miles on it...

Forget x plan, tell him you'll do $500 below invoice plus the current Ford incentives.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I'm getting, maybe a tad bit more. But it sounds like everyone agrees I should do it if the ride is truly available...

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HD Tow packages seem to be hard to find on the lots. I would go for it. 2 years ago I didn't think I'd own a 30' travel trailer. You never know........

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm only 1 week into my 8+ week wait, but the dealer has located an Expy that has everything I custom ordered PLUS the tow package, and they can get it to me in a couple of days. Apparently this was a custom order that fell through, so the car has been on the lot for 40 days....

should I pull the trigger on this one or wait for my brand new order to come (without the tow package)?
I say go for it if the miles are low, preferably under 100 but under 250 would be ok for me vs 8 week wait. I’d jump on this especially if you get 4x4. This will help if you trade or sell later as well plus you may find yourself towing something in the future since you have the ability too.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!

I would get it just for the HD tow!! Couple very good upgrades in that package!!

CrAzYJoe85

Reaction score
I don't know how the rest of you feel but I just bought a 2017 xlt with 16k mi for 34k from hertz car sales prices there are based on number of times rented not number of miles

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Steve Lemme’s character in Super Troopers says, 1, 2, 3, DO IT!!!