Sumitomo Encounter vs.Pirelli Scorpion Verde vs. Falken Wildpeak HT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shopped around, can get any of these for ~$130 - 140 shipped

Recommendations? Sumitomo seems to have great reviews, prior experience with Pirellis makes me expect they'll ride like a dream but fail prematurely, and Falken always seemed to make reasonable stuff

derrekg123

Reaction score
Shopped around, can get any of these for ~$130 - 140 shipped

Recommendations? Sumitomo seems to have great reviews, prior experience with Pirellis makes me expect they'll ride like a dream but fail prematurely, and Falken always seemed to make reasonable stuff

I have some of the Verdes on my wife's 2013 explorer and they are a decent tire. Haven't had any issues but they probably have less that 5,000 miles on them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have some of the Verdes on my wife's 2013 explorer and they are a decent tire. Haven't had any issues but they probably have less that 5,000 miles on them too

Do they deliver the buttery smoothness and refined handling that Pirelli's Pzero line is known for?

derrekg123

Reaction score
Do they deliver the buttery smoothness and refined handling that Pirelli's Pzero line is known for?

I've never had the pzeros so I can't really say. I have a set of 33 BFG all terrains on my expy. Compared to those they are buttery smooth [emoji23]

Joseph3

Reaction score
My experience with the Pirelli Scorpions is they seem to wear prematurely and I have had two Pirelli failures (albeit on another vehicle). On the other hand they handle great. I'm thinking of Falken ATs next time as I do occasionally like to get off the pavement. Because of my towing needs I am thinking of LT tires instead of the P series I have now. Sure the ride will be even more truck-like, but I like trucks.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ended up getting Michelin LTX2 (prated version) @ $103/ea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member