Suspension Enhancements to Help with Sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zhbernal

Reaction score
I just talked to a retailer about the Rancho Struts and they said that they were more for off roading and over $200 a piece. He suggested the Monday roe Sensa Trac Auto adjust struts. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

zhbernal

Reaction score
I just talked to a retailer about the Rancho Struts and they said that they were more for off roading and over $200 a piece. He suggested the Monday roe Sensa Trac Auto adjust struts. Thoughts?

Monroe not Monday. Darn auto correct!

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just because the springs and struts check out doesn't mean they are not worn out. With 115,000 miles of flexing metal changes it's molecular structure and weakens. Struts start losing their charge and oil breaks down inside. I would as noted start with a nice set of adjust struts and new springs, I'm guessing that new struts and springs, even factory would make quite the difference.

Sknybkr44

Reaction score
Barricade when you installed the struts are the adjustment knobs facing toward the rear of the truck or front I'm having a few problems putting mine on and this info will help a lot thank you

jasanto

Reaction score
Im new to the forum but i have some slight sagging when i hook up my TT to my 2016 expedition. I have been looking on the internet for something that might help and i came accross a product called sumo coil spring helpers. They are polyurethane inserts??? Does anyone have any experience utilzing them? Your comments would be greatly apprecieted. Thanks

barricade

Reaction score
Barricade when you installed the struts are the adjustment knobs facing toward the rear of the truck or front I'm having a few problems putting mine on and this info will help a lot thank you

sorry for late reply, but the adjustment knob on the rear shocks are facing to the rear of the truck also. ill have to check the fronts again but i think they are facing forward.

StephanSloan

Reaction score
I just put the Ranchos on my 2008 Expedition EL. The adjuster is on the outside - closer to the rim (front and back not an option) as inside would not be reachable. It is a chore to get to these adjust knobs. So far, at the middle stiffness setting there is no big change in ride characteristics. The +3/4 inch height is welcome when trailering.
I will report when I have some more trailering experience.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hate to ask, but do you have a weight distribution hitch? That WILL take care of the problem!

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an Equalizer hitch and works perfect. My trailer has 725 pounds of tongue weight, and I used 1000lbs bars and no more sag...

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im new to the forum but i have some slight sagging when i hook up my TT to my 2016 expedition. I have been looking on the internet for something that might help and i came accross a product called sumo coil spring helpers. They are polyurethane inserts??? Does anyone have any experience utilzing them? Your comments would be greatly apprecieted. Thanks

Those are a poor fix. They fill the space that the coil would compress effectively limiting spring movement. This applies more stress to the the other coils forcing them to do added work (which can result in premature failure). It also results in a different ride quality; tends to be more bouncy. They are the same as the old metal screw in “ride adjusters” sold at parts stores: junk! (Those have had so many issues to include literally shooting out of the spring when driving down a bumpy road and causing body damage and tire sidewall punctures, very dangerous) All in all, not recomended.