Tail light compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cibalo

Reaction score
I was looking to see what aftermarket tail lights are available for my 2017 but it looks like there are not really any options pasted 2014. Were the tail lights redesigned for 15-17 or would a 14 assembly be compatible?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the screw patterns and tail lights are the exact same from 07-17 they should fit fine. The only thing I'm unsure of is the connectors but you can always make it work.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
cibalo

cibalo

Reaction score
Andy, my question was more about the physical dimensions of the tail light housing. I can't find anything that I like for the 2017 model year but I see ones I like listed for 2013 and 2014 models. I'm trying to understand if there were any changes in the tail light dimensions or mounting method that would make them incompatible.

OP
OP
cibalo

cibalo

Reaction score
It sounds like from JExped that they are a direct physical swap.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, my question was more about the physical dimensions of the tail light housing. I can't find anything that I like for the 2017 model year but I see ones I like listed for 2013 and 2014 models. I'm trying to understand if there were any changes in the tail light dimensions or mounting method that would make them incompatible.
Everything from 2003 -2017 is physically the same size 2003-2006 have the back up lights at the bottom of the tail light anything from 2007 - 2017 use exactly the same assembly for the tail lights most sites haven't updated their information to the current model year.

You will only find the same ones that I installed sold under several different names. I have not seen anything different. Here is the thread that I created for the Spec-D tail lights that I installed. http://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/274522/