Techniques for drying your car after wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually like to use a chamois (sp?) or the leaf blower :superhack:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i use double sided microfiber drying cloth...one side to soak up water...the other side to polish...do you have pics of your hardwire beltronics...i havent done mine yet...i have the STi...

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do you have pics of your hardwire beltronics...i havent done mine yet...i have the STi...

I'll get pics tomorrow if you remind me.

It runs through the top center of the headliner to the right of the rear view mirror, mine uses the RJ11 cable so it just tucks right under the headliner, and it's in the perfect location where the headrests of the seats don't interfere with the 360 degree detection.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what i have

Attachments

• IMG00070-20110328-1536.jpg
    IMG00070-20110328-1536.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG00071-20110328-1536.jpg
    IMG00071-20110328-1536.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 131

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I usually like to use a chamois (sp?) or the leaf blower :superhack:

Stinking leaf blower! :rotflmao: That is completely awesome! I have one & it never even crossed my mind!... I always drove it around the block a few times... Sweet tip.. :waytogo:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good idea. i just use a sham WOW! haha no i use towels. leaves fuzz but once its dryed i just take another towel and fuzz be gone.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're supposed to sheet off as much water as possible with the hose. Take whatever pistol may be on the end, and let the water run out in sheets over the paint. It really helps if the surface has wax/sealant (reason why it's easier to wash a well taken car of car).

If you have time, use a leaf blower. Electric is much better since the gas power ones will sometimes spit out traces of oil (or so I've heard). We just use an electric one on the whole car, but mainly focus around the wheels, mirrors, handles, and and badges or areas that might hold water.

Chamois are usually avoided because they don't have much "nap" to them. If, for whatever reason, any dirt gets caught in there, it'll be dragged across the paint.

Generally, microfiber towels are used. You're supposed to blot, to minimize micro marring from dragging the towel around. I usually do a mixture of both, though drag it if I'm about to detail it (to save time). Any micro marring induced will be taken care of during the detail.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i let mine air dry then go back with "quick detailer" to get rid of water spots. its worked well for me for years and saves me lots of time when detailing(what i do for work)