Things are getting interesting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

Reaction score
I'd be more interested in getting the diesel from the 18 F150 in the 18 Expedition, but a performance trim would be cool too - the 3.5 HO in the new Raptor already exists and will fit the platform easily.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chevy is claiming faster 0-60 but lower tow ratings...Ford can easily beat the speeds and already beats the tow ratings. I think that stretching the standard 3.5 much past the 420HP mark would have to come back to bite them with reliability issues BUT the '18 will get the much improved, much stronger and much more powerful 2nd gen 3.5 which from what I've read, can produce 600HP. How much of that Ford will parley into torque tradeoffs are known only to Ford at this time but if Ford follows it's development path of "what you see in the Raptor this year, goes in the Expy next year" you should see something in the 450 range in your new truck DL!

jeff

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
id personally would want the dieael or the 2.7. i plan on leasing anyway so well see what the midcycle gonna look like in about 4 yrs

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rumor that the 6.2L V8 will grow to 7.0L has gotten new life. Primarily for the F650/750, maybe even the the F450/550. Supposedly there will be a version shoveled into a MUSTANG !!! :Big Laugh:

Also note, the E350/450 can now be ordered with the 6.2L. Practice for when the 7.0L is launched ?

Point being, it you want a towing MONSTER, that 7.0L would be SWEET ! :waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360