Third Gen Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the mirrors on the third gens are compatible with the second gens or not? The mounting points look almost identical. I am worried more about the wiring for power mirror, turn signals, puddle lamps, heated mirrors and power fold function.

Thanks.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb and say no. Reason why is I was helping a friend with a 98 mirror replace, and found 3 different plugs and wiring. Each time we get a member trying to do the Frankenstein part swap, they write in with a whole new group of electric shorts. Unless your real good with wiring, I'd say stay within your year/series.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

R W Carpenter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Just thought I would take a shot in the dark and see if anyone had done it successfully.

Probably just save up the money and maybe get the towing mirrors from A1-Auto.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anytime you start messing with different powers/grounds, your opening up a can of worms. If you've followed along other members that have tried, theirs been too many new problems that arise. Best advice is check wiring and plugs of the 2 mirrors, and see if in fact they match. Compare schematics of both years, chances are the plugs are different. At that point you've got to decide if you want to pop out pins, change hots, grounds, left, right, etc.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Iirc, yes, although may be different pinout

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're compatible as long as u have the same options...a couple of ppl did the conversation 6-8 yrs ago with no probs

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, there are compatible... 2003 to 2012 all use the same mirror mount, but as stated the wire pins differ.