Thoughts on replacement horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hella Supertones.... on a Ford Expedition?

Great on Miatas, Subarus, Fiats. It'll make other drivers laugh coming from an Expedition for sure.

OP
OP
Z

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Ok, well thanks for that very informative reply. Anybody else have any actual advice?

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want that staccato sounding thing the ambulances have when approaching intersections. That would get the attention of the young person ahead of me at the light with their head buried in the phone when the light has already gone green!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha you road raging a lot or just aggravating your girl's parents and neighbors when picking her up for a date???

I got an Expedition AND a Gator L so pretty much two of these trucks, and Im not even sure WHAT the horn sounds like or if Ive ever used it...

People get out of your way just fine flashing HIDs or LED fogs at them

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, well thanks for that very informative reply. Anybody else have any actual advice?
I have a 24" Grover air horn painted flat black and mounted at an angle behind my grille on my '09 Expy. Runs off a Hadley vacuum powered compressor and a little 1 litre tank. I kept the stock horn for the chirps when I lock the doors. A separate button fwomps the Grover.. Sounds like an 18-wheeler coming.

I'm all in favor of big loud horns. I had one on an '03 F150 that saved me once when a big truck was backing out into the street. I blasted the horn and he stopped instantly.

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I miss the horn from old 81 Volvo 244. I'd put one in my Exped for nostalgia's sake.

I agree with you on the "weakness" of the stock horn. Sorry I have no real help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360