threw a driveshaft, hole in transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkmonday

Reaction score
i have a 2000 expy ed bauer with 102k. last friday night i broke a ujoint on the rear of the front driveshaft. it was 4am and i had it towed home.
i have it up on stands today and after further inspection i have found the following problems.
broken neutral safety switch
pulled off shift cable
broken fuel lines, both return and send, broken at the flexible parts
broken electrical wires (looks like speaker wires? but not sure yet)
rear of shaft extension snapped with ujoint
i found a complete driveshaft at the local scrap yad, got a neutral safety switch so far
i noticed this afternoon the rear shaft must have punched a quarter size hole in the front of the transfer case housing. can this be repaired with jb weld or something or is this goodbye for the transfer case? it looks to be a bell housing without fluid in it, but hard to see on stands in the rain.
im looking to get this truck functional to trade in to a used dealer for something else so id really not like to spend a lot of money or time on it at this point. if the transfer case is no good i really dont know what to do at this point. i still owe 2k on this truck :pp:
after i get the transfer case figured out im going to need advice on the fuel lines...but ill save that for another post.
thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are just trading it in fix it to where it will drive there and not puke oil. Let the stealership worry about any problems after. Yeah I know messed up way of thinking. The trade in will probably go to auction.

OP
OP
blkmonday

blkmonday

Reaction score
my exact feelings. i figure it will go to auction or wholesale to another lot anyways.
i ended up using some jb weld on the case. i dont think theres any debris in it...but i guess we will find out. grabbed a $25 junkyard shaft and fuel lines. just have to fix the broken wires and get her back together and see what happens. im sure ill be posting some more questions along the way....pray for me :Stupid Me: