Ticking when Warmed up 2006 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fidder

Reaction score
Hey all, could use some advice. I have a 2006 Expedition that has a new reman engine in it due to many issues on the original engine

Right now it is ticking when it is warmed up. There does not seems to be any performance issues, it runs great and has no codes throwing. The engine currently has 700 miles on it.

I am working with the shop that installed it and they are trying to figure it out, but at the same time I would rather not have to go through the warranty process if it is something simple. and I have heard that loose spark plugs can make a sound just like it.

Curious to hear any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,

Fidder

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be a loose plug, an exaust leak, or and your not going to like this but too much clearance in a cam follower/ rocker arm, or a oiling issue in top end. Let us know what they find. Luckily it's not a deep knock, that would be bottom end. Ah those damned three valves!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fidder

Reaction score
Could be a loose plug, an exaust leak, or and your not going to like this but too much clearance in a cam follower/ rocker arm, or a oiling issue in top end. Let us know what they find. Luckily it's not a deep knock, that would be bottom end. Ah those damned three valves!

Thought I would flow up, it ended up being a bad lifter on the passenger side . Was a warranty repair on the remanufactured engine.

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good deal, glad you didn't have to eat the repair. Thanks for getting back to us.