Tire Pressure Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just want to fix the stupid light. i miss the days when you could just unplug the bulb haha.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Norway they were too smart for that, they had to see the bulb light up when turning on ignition or they would fail you.. hehe.. Some smartasses wired the bulb into something else so it would just light up and go out, and the inspectors were happy.. hehe.. Common fix for a faulty ABS too expensive to fix on an old vehicle. OBD put a stop to that.. :p

OP
OP

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update for others that might have this issue in the future. After calling Dorman multiple times I finally got ahold of somebody that knew what they were talking about. Come to find out, with many Dorman sensors to learn them, you do not use a magnet, you must release and add air to each sensor to excite it. Hope this helps.

Mike1988

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found this topic and did not want to open a new one.

Just bought my 2007 Expedition a couple of weeks ago.

I do have the tire pressure monitor fault in my dashboard. After I went to a tire dealer, he told me that there are no sensors in the wheels I have (aftermarket wheels). So it looks like I will need to buy 4 new sensors and get them installed.

The dealer I bought thr car from offered me $100 towars the "repair".

Now my question: what is the best/cheapest way to get these? Which brand?

I called several shops and I got everything from $280-$500 for all sensors, mounting and programming.

And also $70 if they mount and programm and I buy the sensors.

What would you do?
I saw that there are lots if different ones available...

Thanks