tire replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 2017 came with Hankook Dynapro AT-M (275x55R20). They look nice and aren't loud. I only have 1,500 miles on my Expy, but I am happy with their look and dry, street traction. The price isn't too bad for a truck tire.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '17 Expy has Hankook Dynapro and although they have less than 5,000 miles they seem good.

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m running the Pantagonia a/T tires at the moment.A little hum on the interstate but an open pattern will sometimes do that.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless I am going offroad with a vehicle I really can't stand a mt or at tread. I like highway tread.
I just got some Michelin LTX at2 online for 104.00 each shipped!
I am cheap! But that's a deal for this tire.
Locally they have been 200-212.00
NTB had a few years ago for 180.00 after their 20 off coupon.

Best tire I have ever run. A long time tire store mgr told me they would rot off before you would wear them out and he was correct.
They were on a commercial vehicle that hauls lots of weight (10 ply load E) and they had to be replaced due to checkering in sidewall and cracks with tons of great looking tread.

I have run Firestone Flexsteel (old) and Transforce (replacement) and they don't hold a candle to the Michelins, but I was getting the Transforce for 137-144 but the shot way up at the Grismer I was going to so I went elsewhere.

I have heard people hate the Mich defender that is apparently the replacement for the LTX a2. I wasn't going to risk it.
I normally do Douglas or other off brand at walmart or if I find a good one or two on craigslist or marketplace but this was my new daily driver purchase to replace my TC of 6.5 years and I budgeted for a nice set that will last me a good while.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless I am going offroad with a vehicle I really can't stand a mt or at tread. I like highway tread.
I just got some Michelin LTX at2 online for 104.00 each shipped!
I am cheap! But that's a deal for this tire.
Locally they have been 200-212.00
NTB had a few years ago for 180.00 after their 20 off coupon.

Best tire I have ever run. A long time tire store mgr told me they would rot off before you would wear them out and he was correct.
They were on a commercial vehicle that hauls lots of weight (10 ply load E) and they had to be replaced due to checkering in sidewall and cracks with tons of great looking tread.

I have run Firestone Flexsteel (old) and Transforce (replacement) and they don't hold a candle to the Michelins, but I was getting the Transforce for 137-144 but the shot way up at the Grismer I was going to so I went elsewhere.

I have heard people hate the Mich defender that is apparently the replacement for the LTX a2. I wasn't going to risk it.
I normally do Douglas or other off brand at walmart or if I find a good one or two on craigslist or marketplace but this was my new daily driver purchase to replace my TC of 6.5 years and I budgeted for a nice set that will last me a good while.

I had a set of Michelin LTX M/S2 on my last SUVand wasn't a fan. The treadwear was great (55K on them when I sold it and probably 10K left on them), but their snow performance was poor. Then I picked up the Expedition, which came with a new set of Pirelli Scorpions on it. Those were awesome in the snow, but treadwear was poor. They were at 3/32 after ~32K. I decided to give the LTX M/S2 a try again since so many people like them and I thought: "Maybe they'll do better on heavier vehicle." Nope. They do ok in the snow on the Expedition, but far worse than the Pirellis. Treadwear has been unimpressive also. I've got 21K on them and am down to 6/32. When these go, I'm going back to Pirelli. The treadwear sucked, but I'm ready to accept the tradeoff for the winter performance.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can understand that but we don't get enough snow to worry about it.
I want smooth ride and treadwear. I can stay home if it snows.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Michelins on the 2008. Best tire I've ever driven.

2010 Explorer has new Good Years: Nosiest Malaysian garbage I've ever bought. Almost feels like bad wheel bearings.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not seen a good tire with Goodyear written on it since about 1992.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni