To paint Expedition in two colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, everybody!
Hope you are fine there:)

I need your advise, guys: I decided to repaint my Exp 2001 completely and I want to do it in two colours.
Initially my car is black and I want to leave the main colour the same one, but to add wide side brown colour. Something like on the picture attached.
But I really don't know what is the best way i.e. which parts of the car should be painted in brown and which should be left in black. Should I paint back door also in brown or just left it as it is in black too.

Of course, guys, you are much more experienced there in USA about this topic, so I fully rely on you:))
If some of you already has some good examples (even if it is in another colours), please, kindly share it with me.
Looking forward your oppinions guys.
Best regards from Russia!
Tim.

2 TONE PAINT 3.jpg

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grille surround in top colour, bumper black or chrome would look better IMO. I'd be inclined to terminate the brown/red above the bottom molding as well to allow some black to show.

It looks ok, would prefer the red of the Excursion better.

I've seen a truck done locally with dark green on top (Ford colour similar to UZJ100 Amazon green - forget the name) with a light green on the bottom. May have been Ford Aspen green but mind's eye says it was lighter. Wasn't really a fan.

Are you trying to avoid the paint match required after doing rust repairs or just trying to "jazz" it up a it?

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi!
Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
Yes, I already started to reconsider about the color closer to cherry like with Excersion. But stil get no idea what to do with the moldings and bumper (color).
Is it ok to have three colors on the car? Or two is better?

Yes, I've just want renovate the car after 15 years past and of course, there are some rust on it and other bad staff that I want to shave off.
Main idea to add some fresh topic into it and in the same time make it closer to those cars of 70's - 80's style.
Below there are two more examples. (Grille will be in black, I think).

21.jpg

22.jpg

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of these two I like the first. The black on the bottom needs to go further down.

Experiment with blacking out the fender and bumper trim maybe?

Are those pictures of your truck?

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh! So nice:))
Yeah, that's true. I'll do this definitely.
It seems that you have divided bonnet in two color parts too.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of these two I like the first. The black on the bottom needs to go further down.

Experiment with blacking out the fender and bumper trim maybe?

Are those pictures of your truck?

Yes, I'll continue to experiment with the colors a little bit more and present you the result (draft).
No, it is not mine. This is one of the recent pictures of the forum guys.

Now I think to change the color a little bit as this one (mine).
Let's see.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, guys, now I really need your voices.
I think, that I did find the right color combination and now I just want to find the right color itself. So, please, tell me, which color looks better on this car?
Thanks in advance.

153.jpg

nn.jpg