To paint Expedition in two colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you are in Russia you may be unaware that in 2003 Ford made a "Heritage Edition" F150 in two-tone in your choice of 3 colors under the top black. 15K made in either Arizona beige, Dark Shadow Grey, or dark ruby red color. I'll post some google images since its the same body style as your 1st gen Expedition. You'll notice the color keyed lower bumper valance, etc.

I've seen each of these in person and the Arizona Beige is, in my opinion, the most dramatic. Would go best with your interior and running boards as well, I'd think.

1FTRX18L33NA4802503.jpg
117616-2003-heritage-edition-get-attachment-3.aspx.jpg
003-f150-heritage-4x4-supercab-picture28463-f150-e.jpg

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi!
Thanks a lot. I really don't know about such a superior Edition.
Now I realised that because of you I'm quite close to the initial idea about color combination.
As I can see in this "Heritage Edition" they colored the bumpers too. In my case, I'm planning to stay with initial champaine bumper.
But, anyway, thanks a lot for this link. Here in Russia, we are quite far from it, though we had received this (Expedition) cars officially for about 2-3 years in the very beginning of 2000.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, guys,
In the very beginning of January, I'll show you the result.
I hope, it will be nice at least;))

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, everybody!

It is already about two weeks, since my car is in the bodyshop, waiting its renovation. While prepearing it to the paint works we have faced some obstacles, wich is quite common for those cars, which are "living" in Russia:

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't be scared too much, this is quite normal for Russia, never mind whatever car you are driving here. I've bought this car new at a dealership in 2001 and because of usage of plenty of different acids on the roads in Moscow (Russia), you can see the result...
So, now the idea is to change these floor thresholds for the new one and only after that start to do the main job.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, might as well get them to do the rockers (thresholds) now while it is being prepared. Thankfully, that is a fairly straightforward job. Probably 3-4hrs / side labour I'd guess.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but, everyday situation become worser and worser.
Every new attempt to explore the new far places of the car, made me totally dissapointed.
Just have a look on this shit:

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The idea was to make this car more attractive, but there is no stuff to deal with:))
First I need to create totally new car and only after that...

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rust is common here also, especially up north. I'm in the south and we get it because of the proximity to salt air. I've had rust floor boards and the like for years in varioius cars. Cut out the bad metal then treat it. Use body panel adhesive to glue and rivit the repair sheet metal in then treat it. I had some rot in the passenger side front where water collected by the radiator because there is one where for it do drain. The mount for the front of hte body is there also. Cleaned up the rot, treated the metal and filled with fiberglass bondo to make it look nicer since no one is going to look at it anyway. I also added drains in each void. The rocker panels you can buy I think.

My big repair was rust holes in the roof.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, guys!
So, 2 days left and I'm coolled down a little bit about general condition of my car.
We even managed to find the new back door:
Quite cheap, I would say - 50$, which is much cheaper than restore the old one.

IMG_1160.JPG