To paint Expedition in two colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After that we started the becoloring preparation process itself.
We needed to make the surface matted where we wanted to put brown color.
Together with it we needed to decide, where to lay that stripe, that was initially on the car as a sticker?
This time we decided to draw it instead of to stick the new one.
As you can see on one of the pictures, back door is also with the stripe, because we need to 'divide' that black and brown colours:

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While the car was disassembled, I decided to change the alarm horn, installing Nautilus (red) instead of original one. As it is quite powerful, it demands extra wire from the battery to the horn to provide sufficient power supply.

IMG_1764.JPG

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I must have to say that to assemble the car is much more difficult than to disassemble it:))
Anyway, finally (98%) it acquired the following view:

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good!

Maybe it's the lighting + camera, the red is a lot more subtle than I was expecting.

I like it.

OP
OP
Bigmac

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, you are right!
Actually color differs from that one from the first picture. We've got standard Porsche color - Mahagony for this purpose. Actually it is dark brown I would say.
Sorry for the bad pictures quality, this is phone's camera I suppose. Actually, I didn't get my car back, yet. So I can't do normal pictures. When I receive it back, I'll make new photos.