Today... zero electrical...from 2000 thru yesterday..never a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

door54

Reaction score
Hello to all
Just tried to start the Expy for a fuel run, and I got zero electrical. Zero zip zilch. Washed it two days ago and all was fine, just like it's always been. Battery is less than one year old. Performed a simple volt test, and it pushed a 12.65.
I do a multitude of things, but my electrical knowledge skill set ended at that volt check...just never learned about it.
All facets of the electrical system within the vehicle have performed flawlessly..never a problem..and I'm the original owner.
When I submit this I will go out and do a cursory clamp/terminal cleaning.
Oh..I did not lift the hood when I washed it, and the ignition switch has been smooth as silk
Would appreciate any ideas/suggestions...
Thanks

ps just got back from a 3 day offroad photo shoot in the desert Lots of dust, washboard roads and moving around

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using your meter check the voltage present at the "starter motor relay" mounted on the firewall - passenger side. You should have 12v on one of the large studs. If not the fusible links are burned up.

OP
OP
D

door54

Reaction score
Thanks for your response..turns out those washboard roads dirtied and loosened up the terminal connections just enough to let me get back home. The fundamentals of electrical current...continuity one moment then not the next..I guess.