torque converter

Discussion in 'Transmission & Drive train' started by panda24619, Feb 1, 2011.

1. panda24619

panda24619 Full Access Members

what is a good price for one and a good one? and are they fairly easy to do? i think mine is slipping. cause i can be cruising around and if i tap the gas quickly the rpms go up a little then back down and then i speed up. i dont think thats normal for an automatic. its always done that since ive owned it and ive never changed the tranny oil. i know i should but who knows.

2. tmajikman

tmajikman Full Access Members

Changing the tranny fluid if its not too late, along with the trans filter would be what I would do first. I would also add some Lucas automatic trans additive too, if it were me.

3. panda24619

panda24619 Full Access Members

i just turned 158k miles and never changed the oil. i hear use old oil use half and half. idk. what should i do the change the oil first? then if that dont work ill do the tc. and ill add additives too just because.

4. tmajikman

tmajikman Full Access Members

I would personally use all new fluids, I am about to do the same thing, I am going to have to let a shop do mine in order to get all of it out of the tc and the whole system, I can change whats in the pan as far as the fluid goes and filter, but when it comes to the tc and the rest of the system, I don't have a safe way, and I don't want the trans to run out of fluid and burn up if I take the cooling lines off and try it myself. I have the vibration in the 3, 4 shift at 40-50 mph. I am going to try and get mine done this week or next week to prevent any more potential damage due to slippage.