tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2013 Ford Expedition Power Heated Puddle Light Memory Turn Signal Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair
large.jpg
Anyone try something like this? Seem like they would be fairly easy. found these for $270

Benf84

Reaction score
I am interested in tow mirrors as well. I had some on my F150 but I was told that they won't fit the Expedition? Is that true?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2013 Ford Expedition Power Heated Puddle Light Memory Turn Signal Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair
large.jpg
Anyone try something like this? Seem like they would be fairly easy. found these for $270
Where did you find them? Link please.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is one of the main things the wife complains about. She got spoiled by the 250's HUGE Tow mirrors. Might have to look into this...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about that too. I miss the larger mirrors of my 05. My 17 has the power fold feature. If I could get that with these mirrors I might pull the trigger on them. :)

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've thought about that too. I miss the larger mirrors of my 05. My 17 has the power fold feature. If I could get that with these mirrors I might pull the trigger on them. :)
Yeah, can't find power fold version either, but still looking...

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, can't find power fold version either, but still looking...

I know, it's an odd thread for my first post but I was scanning threads and can actually contribute here.

I have those tow mirrors on my 2010. I missed the visibility I had in my 2006 F250 when towing and parking and these were the best/only option I found. To my knowledge, there are no power-folding tow mirrors available so these are your best bet.

The good
Visibility is insane. Seriously, you can see so much that it's actually distracting in the beginning.

The defroster works great on the main mirror but isn't in place behind the lower convex mirror.

The mirrors work with the driver memory settings.

The bad-but-livable
They stick out pretty far even with not extended. I've never needed to extend them when towing my car trailer.

That said, they like to vibrate themselves out on their own over time. I ended up drilling a small hole on the bottom of each sliding mount and using a tiny screw to prevent the mirrors from extending at all. Zero problems since then.

One strange thing that I've experienced 3x over the past year is that a very, very strong gust of wind at just the right angle while driving down the road will shift the mirror. This has only happened for me on the passenger side, but it requires that I re-adjust the mirror and re-save the memory settings. I'm guessing the adjuster jumps teeth or something.

With the right wind and road condition they can vibrate slightly.

With all that said, I would not go back to the stock mirrors. These things are easily the best upgrade I've made to my truck.