Towzing - HD springs or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hurseyc

Reaction score
Hi,

2010 expedition 4wd limited, not air suspension.

I’m looking for something to help with rear end sag when towing a 26ft travel trailer.

It seems the choices are very limited.

So far I’ve only found the sumo springs spacers things.

I’m wondering if there are any other options out there. I figured for sure I could find a strut assembly with some HD springs but the only ones I’ve found include a lift which I don’t want/need.

Anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!!

Chris

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you set you hitch up Have the TT on level ground and level Measure from the ground to the top of the coupler and then set the ball to the same height or just slightly higher

Then hook up and see how much squat you have. Then adjust the equalizer bars to reduce the squat and get the TV and TT back to level

Last edited:

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your tongue weight of the trailer and make sure it’s 10-15% of the weight of the trailer. If not. Move some stuff around till it’s right. If possible. Otherwise adjust the WD hitch till the truck only squats about 3/4 of an inch from unloaded.