Trailer hitch.... Anyone with ProPride 3P

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knut

Reaction score
I'm thinking about investing in the ProPride 3P.
Does anyone use the ProPride 3P hitch/Hensley hitch???

If so, what is your experience and did you do a CAT scale weighing with traditional WDH and then with ProPride 3P,
to see how it changed the axle and tongue weights???

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion the point of a pro pride is to tow a really long travel trailer with a 1/2 ton type vehicle. It doesn’t distribute weight better than anything else. However it mitigates sway more effectively, and when you tow something really long and tall with a 1/2 ton you’re asking for sway issues.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion the point of a pro pride is to tow a really long travel trailer with a 1/2 ton type vehicle. It doesn’t distribute weight better than anything else. However it mitigates sway more effectively, and when you tow something really long and tall with a 1/2 ton you’re asking for sway issues.
This, although the ProPride jacks do allow for infinitely adjustable weight distribution which I find to be superior to the fixed setup for most other WDH systems.

I recently upgraded to the ProPride. I tow a 35ft travel trailer with my ‘20 Max Platinum and the ProPride has been amazing. My issue was primarily wind and trucks blowing me around, causing a sort of “v” situation between my truck and trailer and requiring constant correction while driving. With the ProPride I’m no longer needing to fight to stay on the road. Does wind still push me around? Sure, I’m pulling a 35 ft. sail, but it feels no different than a wind gust pushing my truck since the truck and trailer act as one unit. The pivot point at the hitch is eliminated with the PP.

FlynnAm

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. I have a 23 limited(non-max) with a 33ft 6400lb TT. What are your hitch settings? Plates up or plates down? How is your stinger set? I feel like it's working 'okay', haven't had white knuckle moments when 53 footers blow past or anything like that but I definitely feel the wind on the car on the highways between lllinois and Wisconsin. Still tinkering with it but not sure I have it locked in where I need it to be

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bumping this back up. I have a 23 limited(non-max) with a 33ft 6400lb TT. What are your hitch settings? Plates up or plates down? How is your stinger set? I feel like it's working 'okay', haven't had white knuckle moments when 53 footers blow past or anything like that but I definitely feel the wind on the car on the highways between lllinois and Wisconsin. Still tinkering with it but not sure I have it locked in where I need it to be
Possible wrong tongue weight is the cause. Go to scales and get all your numbers.
Also start your own thread so all of your vehicle info in one place for people to help.
this might help,
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/correct-way-to-start-a-thread.47954/

Welcome to the forum