TRANS PROBLEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUICEA6

Reaction score
I have a 99 E/B with a 5.4 V/8 . My speedometer is crazy its going like 25 to 30 mph to fast. Also my trans wont shift past 2nd gear. Also i have no 4x4 ..... no 4w/hi or 4w/lo when i switchs it on the dash, no clicking sound or lights. I checked the fuses.  

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You only need to make one thread concerning the problem. I've deleted the other 2.

Check fluid level first.
How is reverse?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JUICEA6

Reaction score
my bad using a cell phone, fingers get in the way

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try shifting manually, had a Chevy work truck that was doing what you describe. Stretched a little longer life out of it shifting manually before it finally quit.

Skinnylarry

Reaction score
Check your tcc solenoid pack had similar problem on my 02 would not change to last gear until tranny got hot. Was a burned solenoid in the tcc pack replaced with a rebuilt this past weekend and problem solved. There are several videos on how to test and replace these it's really not hard and only takes about an hour and do fluid and filter. I found mine doing a filter change and saw burn markings on the solenoid pack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01