Transmission or ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well like I posted earlier this month, yes a misfiring, improper running engine will cause symptoms that feel like a bad trans. That being said, the op did not state anything about loss of power, nor did his mechanic. I sure hope the tech, ran his vehicle for codes, sure would be a dummy if he didn't. Stay tuned guys!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Ed Schultze

Reaction score
You think like my trans guy. He checked for misfires and had his some replace my plugs and one coil. I wonder if it could be int eh four wheel drive differential or u joints. It really only happens -that I notice- when i am going about 65- 70 and most times uphill. It is very different than the original torque converter rumble. before the trans was rebuilt it would rumble just like going over rumble strips on the road the car vibrated. That is now gone. Instead around 65 or 70 or even 75 there is a grown and perhaps a little rumble but mostly a grown . As soon as I let off the gas it gees away immediately

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your describing a transmission/ drive line issue. Anytime you pop into neutral, or take foot off gas, your eliminating drive train. I once swapped out u joints on my 82 mustang 5.0 I didn't mark where yoke lined up with drive shaft, 2 possibilities. Well guess what, I was 180 degrees off. Had vibration above 55mph. Popped apart 2 weeks later, and bingo, vibration disappeared! Pull fuse for 4 wheel drive, if you haven't already, disable front differential. Im old fashioned I think, and do things logically. Sounds like your mechanic does too!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, if it feels like wheel balance but only when accelerating I'm going to keep saying u-joints. Could be driveshaft balance but that's unlikely unless your trans guy dropped it or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni