Trouble Code P1450

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRambo90

Reaction score
my 00 5.4L threw a CEL and the code that came from it is P1450 and ive never seen it before can you guys help me out??

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is an evap emmissions code - wont release vac here is fords description
P1450 - Unable to Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum Monitors the fuel vapor vacuum and pressure in the fuel tank. The system failure occurs when the EVAP running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running (but not at idle). Blockages or kinks in EVAP canister tube or EVAP canister purge outlet tube (between fuel tank, EVAP canister purge valve and EVAP canister)
Fuel filler cap stuck closed (no vacuum relief)
Contaminated fuel vapor elbow on EVAP canister
Restricted EVAP canister
CV solenoid stuck open (partially or fully)
Plugged CV solenoid filter
EVAP canister purge valve stuck open
VREF circuit open (harness near FTP sensor, FTP sensor or PCM)
Damaged FTP sensor

THat being said I would ck the canister vent solenoid and hose[attached to evap canister] for an obstruction. you should be able to blow through the valve and hose freely.

Ian Daunheimer

Reaction score
FTP Sensor and Code P1450

My engine light keeps coming on with code P1450. Took it twice to the dealer for trouble shooting. No problem identified on first trip. Second time they stated that the FTP sensor and its rail needs to be replaced for $380 in parts alone. My 2006 Expedition still runs great with no problems. I want to know if I should only replace the FTP sensor or should I also replace the rail too or do nothing? I believe the dealer just was trying to get more money, but I want to get ride of this engine light. The vehicle has 125K miles.