Truck bed liner paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tank_Snake

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
Awesome! You've made her impervious to pretty much anything!

Reminds me of a myth busters episode where they crashed a car with similar material painted on and it made the car tougher.

Thank you for your service!
I remember that episode and it's what gave me the idea. I just didn't lay it down 2 inches thick like they did lol
And thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tank_Snake

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
Looks good man.
I been thinking of taking the carpet out of my 03 and paint the floor all bedliner.
When we go Mud Boggin it's a pain n the ass to clean the carpet.
With some sort of a Bedliner sprayed floor it would be jus a matter of rinsing it out with a water hose..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
e273c2133ee43ec8b68146aee2f31a82.jpg
I have heard it makes it much louder inside if you do that. If you can maybe dynamat the floor then somehow put bed liner over....bot sure how that would work tho

MCoston

Reaction score
I just got a 2017 XLT in red and had the rocker panels, front, and rear bumpers LineX'ed. No more worries running down gravel roads... Not neary as cheap as you did yours tho :)

OP
OP
Tank_Snake

Tank_Snake

Reaction score
I just got a 2017 XLT in red and had the rocker panels, front, and rear bumpers LineX'ed. No more worries running down gravel roads... Not neary as cheap as you did yours tho :)
I want one of the new expys so bad lol

Ernestcg

Reaction score
Damn I've been kicking around this idea for some time on my 04. Thanks for write I finally think I got the balls to do it to mine now. Hope it comes out looking as good as yours.

Awbarrett1001

Reaction score
Nice! This was going to be one of my "mods" but I ended up using the spray can of Rust oleum. Didnt work out so well, it peeled right off. I just wanted to line the major trim areas, bumpers and mirrors. Then I had the same idea for the inside, rip out the carpet spray, or roll, it with bedliner, then maybe flex seal or some other type of rubber coating, just to help with the sound deadening. Eventually, im going to get to it, but slow and steady wins the race, right? lol I'm actually starting a youtube channel where i build my X and try to do everything and share it with everyone. theres not much on there about the X, mainly F150s and chevy and toyota stuff.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the exterior of my 97 but haven't taken the plunge. On the plus side, we get hail here on a regular basis, and I wouldn't have to worry about hail damage. On the negative side, I like the white (matches my boat) and don't want to paint it black. I know it's possible to do colored bed liner, but I met someone who did beige and he confirmed the light colors collect dirt.

However, I did some work on the interior. I did the rear cargo area with bead liner and threw in a a Weathertech mat. I also did the door sills and the center tray in the console. Been pleased so far, except that I tried to paint the sills to match the interior. Although I had "paintable" bed liner, I accidently used the "non-paintable", then tried to paint over it. As a result the paint has scratched off in places.

upload_2017-11-22_22-14-26.png