Truck pull ?? My Expedition vs a Chevy 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What surface are you going to do it on? Dirt, pavement, grass?

And I agree: in the end, what's it really going to prove? At best, one person is going to pull the other around. At worst, someone is going to break something and get pulled around. I've seen a few of these at the local "friday night cruise-in" and someone usually goes home with broken parts.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score

And I agree: in the end, what's it really going to prove? At best, one person is going to pull the other around. At worst, someone is going to break something and get pulled around. I've seen a few of these at the local "friday night cruise-in" and someone usually goes home with broken parts.

It's fun man, when we did it we were having a blast. Sometimes you have the most fun doing the stupidest things... And you get bragging rights while the other guy gets butt hurt

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I'm not wanting to do it but he will not shut up about my Chevy will pull that junk Ford..
It's getting old and I'm to the point of doing it just to shut him up .But then if I lose then he's going to keep on and on about how his Chevy pulled my Ford..
And the reason why I'm wanting to wait till I get my new tires is BC the all terrains that's on my Expedition now r shot. They probably got about a 1\8 tread depth left. And I will definitely set myself up to lose ..
And I'm not 100℅ sure that my Expedition can pull him . The only reason why I might have a chance is the fact my Expedition has to weight more than his Chevy but again I'm not that knowledgeable in the key factors for me to have a advantage other than new tires..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BigHoss89

Reaction score
Need more info. Years of vehicles would be a good start, maybe make sure what motor he has? Your nephews truck looks like its old enough to still have the 5.7L, Witch if its stock, your motor will surpass his in HP and TQ. If you don't spin your tiers alot (ie snow, dirt, worst being dry pavment.) your limited slip will beat his as well. Unless he has posi-trac but I doubt he dose. Even if he did, with your weight... If I was a betting man, even with the bit of info you provided; my money would be on your expy.

If you do it you have to record it and post the video here or it didn't happen! ;-)

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need more info. Years of vehicles would be a good start, maybe make sure what motor he has? Your nephews truck looks like its old enough to still have the 5.7L, Witch if its stock, your motor will surpass his in HP and TQ. If you don't spin your tiers alot (ie snow, dirt, worst being dry pavment.) your limited slip will beat his as well. Unless he has posi-trac but I doubt he dose. Even if he did, with your weight... If I was a betting man, even with the bit of info you provided; my money would be on your expy.

If you do it you have to record it and post the video here or it didn't happen! ;-)
O I will post the video
His Chevy probably a 94 idk what engine his has other than a V8 it's all stock.
Mine is a 03 EB Expedition 4x4 which he done said I have to stay in 2 wheel.
Most likely it will be on asphalt.
I'm jus waiting to get my new tires so that I'll have some traction..
I'm pretty confident that my Expedition will pull his ****** Chevy BC mine is heavy and that's gonna be a advantage on my end..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The outcome will be based on who looses traction first.

Also pay attention to what hooks the vehicles together. If it fails your back window may pay the price.

Personally I wouldn't abuse a daily driver that way.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Just cause he can't supply the 4wd option that's not your fault, he cheaped out and bought a 2wd truck, you spent more and bought a 4wd truck... Run what you brung buddy, life isn't fair and that's the way the world works!

BigHoss89

Reaction score
Yea it's the 5.7L, even in 2WD your going to take him. I don't think you even need to wait for the new tiers. I'm sure your Expy sits up higher than his 2WD Chev pickup as well (What a waste of money a 2WD truck is) so once you start pulling you will neutralize most of what little relative weight he as. (Physics=Mind BLOWN!!!!...) lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360