Register to remove these ads

Truck stalls in reverse..... Help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transmission & Drive train' started by 2blackfordrides, Aug 7, 2010.

1. 2blackfordrides

2blackfordrides Full Access Members

Just finished a 4r100 transmission replacement in my 99 eb, and everything is fine in drive/od but when i put the truck in reverse, the truck stalls...... The truck shifts smooth in drive/ od.... No issues..... Ne suggestions? Any imput would be appreciated.....

2. 2blackfordrides

2blackfordrides Full Access Members

Just a update.... I had only drivin the truck about 30 miles when i posted this... Had checked the fluid and it was at the rite level..... When i checked it after driving it today it was low so i filled it and it went away....... Guess using all the gears driving today it must have filled something more....

3. joezek

joezek Full Access Members

Wonder why low fluid was causing it to stall, wierd?... Glad you figured it out. I always hated doing tranny fluid changes, I never know how much to fill and when it's done taking fluid. I start it, put in gear, then check the level. AFter about 4-5 cycles the level stays reading full. Then after driving and getting it hot three more things can happen....

1- fluid gets hot and expands and causes the level to read even higher.

2- various clutch packs will pressurize and purge out air pockets, and causes the fluid level to read lower.

3- air pockets cause the fluid to foam up, which causes erratic shifting, and also makes the fluid level hard to read.

It's a pain in the ass, but worth it in the long run.