Tune for 99 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vicarofhell

Reaction score
Just got a 99 EB with the 5.4 to pull my car trailer. Wondering if anyone here has had their truck tuned and if so how you felt it pulled afterwards and if you noticed any increase in MPG.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have seen plenty members here have a programmer of some sort. They just may not all log on daily. Do a search, I am sure you will find some info on some.

I have an SCT, but with custom tune so it would not apply to your question. Feels great but did lose some mpg vs stock.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had a jet tuner on the one in my sig, noticable power and better shifting plus better mpg well worth the money.

several people were running edge programmer

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an Edge, I dont currently run a tune, I usually just use it to monitor my temps

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running the SCT SF3 and seems to do the job. No more pinging after my top end build and have the can tune setup for 91 and running 92 pump gas. Shifts much harder as that is what I like and easy to change the shift points. Cost is around 240-300 depending on where you get it from. Unless you are running something crazy on a full build, messing around with the canned tunes should help. I also did the EGR delete and the tuner allows me to turn off the EGR so the code goes away. You also have the option of running different exhaust and turning off the secondary O2 sensors that run after the cats. Hope this helps.