Unlocking & Lights Come on Randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionTrouble

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Platinum EL Expedition w/ 150k miles and recently have found the lights on intermittently during the day & night as well as the doors being unlocked several times. Not able to pin down the cause but have checked battery voltage after driving vs next morning, load tested battery and checked for codes but have not had any luck finding the culprit. Both key fobs work and have new batteries and are not subject to be activated by accident.

Anyone have a similar issues or have any advice for trouble shooting to narrow down the culprit?

DeafBringer

Reaction score
could be your key fobs wearing out so the buttons get loose and cause the vehicle to unlock/lock multiple times throughout the day. Happens to remote fobs for all brands if used enough times.

Can try popping a fob open and see if you can remove any slack on the fob contacts. Otherwise it may be time for new fob(s).

bdosier

Reaction score
I am currently having the exact same issue with my 2015 EL Limited. Constantly hearing the horn go off like someone is repeatedly locking the doors, meanwhile the fob is hanging on the key rack by the door. I just ordered two new fobs hoping that will solve the issue.