Vacationers coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just found out that I am getting company in July. They have 5 people coming with all the luggage for a week. With me as the driver, that will make 5 adults and one child (car seat size) in the Expedition. I am planning on picking them up at the airport, but have never used the roof rack to haul anything. There won't be much room inside for luggage once everyone is in. What advice can you provide about the roof rack? Anything special I need? If you have a pic, great. Thanks.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You can avoid using the roof rack as it does take some time tying things down on it. Between 5 adults they shouldn't have 5 big suit cases I'm estimating 2-3 depending on how long they're staying over.

Anyways, the 3rd row folds in a 60/40 split, so it's rather simple, you the driver get the drivers seat, one adult passenger next to you, 2 adults in the 2nd row (one sits on the right one sits on the left, child seat goes in the middle, 3rd Row bigger seat gets folded so that the smaller seat is avalible to be sat on, the 5th adult sits in the 3rd row and you'll have more than enough space for 3-4 full size cases and a stroller Too or 5-6 full cases without stroller... Trust me I've done this a 100 already.

If you don't want to go with the obviously much easier route I just stated above then it would be much easier to rent a basket that mounts to the hitch and you can tie everything on it.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But my third row is a full seat. I have a 1999. I like the basket idea, but where would someone rent one?