vacuum leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Started having issues with my dash vents defaulting back to the defrost vent on long uphill runs so I decided to try to find where the leak was coming from. Traced it to the small hardline that goes through the firewall into the cab. Was hoping for an easy fix, but once I dropped the glove box out of the way I knew that wasn't going to be the case. I'm just wondering if there is a common place this line develops a leak, or would it just be easier to run a new line or something? Also, where exactly can I find/access the end of this line in the cab?

2000 EB Expy
5.4L

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GaExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After a LOT more reading and research I MAY need to put new o-rings on the back of the EATC. Problem is, the thread I found on the subject is old and the picture links no longer work. Does anyone have any pictures of the back of an EATC and the o-rings that need to be replaced?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My recommendation to you would be to go to a Ford dealership and try to find it on their parts diagram. Atleast that way you can see the part (if they have it in stock) and there is no requirement to pay stealership prices, though it sounds like the kind of piece only found from the OEM.