VCT solenoid replcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastbee

Reaction score
I need to replace the VCT solenoids on my 07 Expedition. I've read on another forum that the AC needs to evacuated and a line disconnected to get the passenger side valve cover off, but they were speaking specifically about F150s not 5.4 3V in general. I've looked at mine and it looks like there might be room to get it out. I was hoping someone could share an experience of having this done. If it comes down to dropping a motor mount or something like that (a suggestion on the other forum) I think I'll just have a shop do it.

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check with Gruz7. I think he's planning on changing his out. Send him a PM.

Thick

Reaction score
Repair complete, no AC removal necessary.

Sorry to resurrect an older topic but did you have to replace the vct solenoid grommets? My 2009 needs this done and I'm a little nervous I won't be able to get the entire valve cover out completely to clean up the valve cover gaskets.

Did you reuse the gaskets or replace them? I'm having a hard time finding some instruction on this on the newer third gens that have the smaller VCT solenoid openings which force you to take the valve covers off... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01