Vehicle Health Reports Going Away!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AccraBob

Reaction score
Got this email today... the FAQ gives the reason as the necessary technology no longer being available. Sounds like nonsense to me...

---------------------------------------

We'd like to thank you for registering this email to receive complimentary Vehicle Health Reports for your 2014 Ford Expedition. We hope that you have enjoyed this service that we've offered over the years to Owners of 2008 - 2016 Model Year Ford SYNC®-equipped vehicles. Unfortunately, the necessary decision has been made to discontinue this service and we want to make sure that you're aware of how this impacts your receipt of the reports. Consistent with the Terms & Conditions in the user agreement and starting August 1st, 2018, this change will result in the following:

• Vehicle Health Information will no longer be sent through the mobile phone associated with this account
  • Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be sent to this Email
  • Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be available on the Ford Owner website
For more information regarding this change, including alternative ways to obtain Vehicle Health information, please review this Frequently Asked Questions page on the Ford Owner site.

Again, we appreciate you taking advantage of this complimentary service that we've brought to Ford Owners over the years and want you to know that you can still take advantage of the many technology features available in your vehicle. If you are not already aware of these features, click here and select the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle to find out what options are available.

Thank you for being a member of our Ford family and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford's website is filled with broken links. Been that way for at least a month. I'm guessing they switched IT companies.

OP
OP
AccraBob

AccraBob

Reaction score
Here are the FAQ. They clearly just decided that we need to go to a dealer to get checkups.

--------------

Frequently Asked Questions – Discontinuation of Vehicle Health Report Service
Starting August 1, 2018 and consistent with the Terms & Conditions in the user agreement, the complimentary Vehicle Health Report service will no longer be available for 2008 through 2016 Model Year vehicles equipped with SYNC®, SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation, or SYNC with MyFord Touch. Owners that have activated this feature will continue to be able to access and receive email reports until August 1, 2018, at which point this service will be discontinued.

For more information on this change and how it may impact you, please browse the frequently asked questions on this page. If you aren’t sure which version of SYNC you have in your vehicle, you can find out which version of SYNC you have here.

Expand All
What is the Vehicle Health Report service?
The Vehicle Health Report service has been provided to Owners of 2008 – 2016 Model Year SYNC-equipped vehicles at no additional charge and provides a snapshot of various vehicle components such as oil life, mileage, and engine status.

Why is the Vehicle Health Report service being discontinued?
The Vehicle Health Report has relied on technology that is no longer supportable. While this technology was useful when the feature launched, it is no longer the best way to deliver vehicle health information to Owners. We will continue to focus efforts on new and improved technologies.

When will this change occur?
This change will take effect on August 1st, 2018.

Which Owners does this change impact?
This change impacts Owners of 2008 through 2016 Model Year vehicles with SYNC®, SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation, or SYNC with MyFord Touch. If you aren’t sure which version of SYNC you have in your vehicle, you can check here.

How does this impact Owners that use this feature?
The following will no longer be available for use:

Vehicle Health information sent through the mobile phone associated with the service
Vehicle Health Reports sent through email
Vehicle Health Reports available on this website
Asking SYNC to run a Vehicle Health Report
Automatic Reminders, which automatically remind you to run Vehicle Health Reports at periodic intervals

What will happen if I currently receive a discount from an automotive insurance carrier for having reported my mileage?
Unless notified otherwise by your insurance carrier, Ford will no longer provide odometer information to insurance companies through this complimentary service and your insurance discount could be impacted. Please contact your insurance company for specific details on how this impacts your premium.

What actions do I need to take?
We recommend disabling any Automatic Reminders that you may have set up for running your Vehicle Health Report as these will continue to run.

Please do the following to disable this feature for SYNC or SYNC with MyFord:

1. Start your vehicle and put it in Park, not Accessory mode.
2.  Press the Phone button. Phone menu displays.
3. Press the selection Arrows until Vehicle Health displays. Press OK.
4. Press the selection Arrows until User Preferences displays. Press OK.
5. Press the selection Arrows until Automatic Reports displays. Press OK.
6. Press the selection Arrows until Automatic Reports Off displays. Press OK.
7.Auto Reports Set Off displays to confirm your choice.

Please do the following to disable this feature for SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation:

2. Press the Phone button. Phone menu displays.
3. Touch Settings.
4. Touch Advanced.
5. Touch Vehicle Health Report.
6. Touch Automatic Reports. The current setting is highlighted.
7. Touch Set Auto Reports Off.

Please do the following to disable this feature for SYNC with MyFord Touch:

2. Touch Settings on the touchscreen to change your Vehicle Health report settings.
3. Touch Vehicle.
4. Touch Vehicle Health Report.
5. Touch Off for Automatic Reminders, touch your selection.

What other ways can I obtain information about the health of my vehicle?
You can still obtain information on the health of your vehicle from your preferred dealer or via the Vehicle Report Card, provided your dealer has opted to share dealer inspection items from their system.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in my day, we had to look a tiny sticker they put on the corner of the windshield...

We have this with BMW and on a couple of forums I lurk, a few conspiracy theorists are unhappy that a big brother knows when, where, and how they drive. They feel its an intrusion of privacy. Freaking millennials, I swear.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, sales tool & market metrics only. Unless you are possibly the driver who remains oblivious until told, probably no loss.

jeff

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i forgot about them. our 13 f150 was pretty much on target every 5k miles...
it told me my brakes were on...duh i was sitting in the driveway a few times

skeeter

Reaction score
I used the health report a few times but then the Sync/MyFord site became a hassle and the novelty wore off. The only feature I really liked was creating a custom MapQuest route and then being able to upload it to the Nav system through Sync.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Reminder and links to dealer for service. It is more for dealers, than owners. State Farm gives a discount for Ford vehicles, equipped with SYNC. The need a vehicle health report, sent via bluetooth, after registering. It shows mileage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze