Want real tow mirrors for your Expy? Here's how (lot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't done it yet, but I'm 90% sure you can get a convex mirror from an f150 and install it in there. I'll be trying it shortly. I hate that about mine too

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adjusted the power mirrors one time. Wife has rolled her window down and pulled her mirror in 5 times already.
If I don't figure out power fold, "these can go." (Her words) lol

Where can I find the parts breakdown for these and the 150 mirrors?

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the right (passenger) mirror today with the OEM F-150 right heated mirror 7L3Z-17K707-C. $36 for the glass. It snaps in and fits almost exactly like the one I removed, Like always, the Chinese couldn't quite copy OEM "exactly", so the mirror is slightly twisted counter-clockwise.
I took the glass out again and removed some plastic allowing it to snap on straight. It is so tight that it won't rotate on its own. See the before and after trimming pics.
Also look at the pictures and see the view differences. I'd leave it crooked all day long compared to the flat mirror. Not copying exactly or improving on OEM was just plain stupid in my opinion.

Also, for your reading enjoyment...

Attachments

• View 3 Flat.jpg
    View 3 Flat.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
  • View 4 convex.jpg
    View 4 convex.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 7L3Z-17K707-C Back 2.jpg
    7L3Z-17K707-C Back 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 7L3Z-17K707-C Back trimmed.jpg
    7L3Z-17K707-C Back trimmed.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered left and right chrome caps. Doorman # 959-0018 and 19. Took the glass out again and unsnapped the cap clips with a flat screwdriver. They break easy.
Looking at the back of the covers, it's clear that the exact same tool molded these. Everything is the same from the parting lines and ejector pins to the gates and sprue. The part number is off by one, probably for the chrome vs. black. I would bet that doorman or their source makes the whole mirror.
I haven't decided if I'm going to take them back off and paint to match yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are these for trailer-less driving in retracted mode???

I cant see jack when backing out or trying to parallel park and am looking for oldskool, non-radar/camera options

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love them for daily driving. I don’t even use the extending feature for mine. I didn’t even use them to pull my 20 trailer 1200 miles. Having them retracted does everything that I need them to, but I know the feature is there if I need it.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these from 1A Auto. I went ahead and ordered the convex passenger side glass too. Looking forward to installing these and new window regulators in my 2011 this weekend.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got mine for my 2003 from AM auto parts for about $75 less than 1A auto, same manufacturer...

https://www.am-autoparts.com

I think they work perfect! Can even back into stalls in parking lots without having to look behind you... The convex mirrors are awesome!

Don't forget to use the factory nuts to mount them...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes