Water spots fix inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there was a thread posted two below me asking about water spots on glass. The previous owner of my 07 did not take care of the car very well. The windshield was covered with water/oxidation spots that followed the line of the windshield wipers. Yesterday I was at my neighbors house having some beers and we started talking about the windshield.

He brings out Griots garage Glass Polish http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/glass+cleaning/glass+polish,+8+ounces.do
and we begin to rub it in. It maybe took 3 water spots total off. He then brings out his orbital meant for the glass
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product...g+tools/professional+3+inch+random+orbital.do
and I went to town. The spots are gone but it took several passes but I was really impressed.

The main reason for this post is that I dont want you guys running out and getting glass cleaners that promiss this and that when in reality what you need to do is use a cutting pad to get rid of the oxidation. Im glad he had this stuff bc it saved me some money down the road with trial and error.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats why I love my PC 7424XP.. even has attachments for glass very similar to the one you used...

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats why I love my PC 7424XP.. even has attachments for glass very similar to the one you used...

Yeah I had one but sold it :nono: Just goes to show you that you need a little more then elbow grease sometimes.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah machine wins hands down...lol.... your arm will get tired machine wont...

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah machine wins hands down...lol.... your arm will get tired machine wont...

I've hand washed mine twice & never again...

I use to hand wash my 08 Xterra & that was pretty easy but the expy is a beast to wash even without the lift.