WD-40 did not fix the DOOR AJAR problem . . . any additional assistance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlw0211

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got got my Exp. back from the dealership for the door adjar lite and it was the right rear door switch and my total was $146.00 for the switch and the labor. I am in Annapolis, Md.

OP
OP
A

Andy(SC)

Reaction score
Is this the part that's bad and how hard is it to get to?

Looked around for the culprit and came across this . . . not sure if this is the piece that is in the door that is causing the DOOR AJAR light to stay on but if it is, how hard is it to get to and replace?

http://replacement.autopartswarehou...gory=All&part=Door Open Warning Relay&dp=true

If anyone has a Chilton or other repair manual, does it have any cut-away schematics on the doors showing the relay?

Thanks

johnnystar

Reaction score
I would use contact cleaner or Isoproponal instead of WD. the alcohol in it cleans and evaporates. WD40 is not a real lubricant! I dont care what anybody says, it is temporary, and leaves behind a film, which over time will actually do damage. Especially if there is electronics involved.

But this is only my opinion.

jlw0211

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Re: Is this the part that's bad and how hard is it to get to?

Originally posted by Andy(SC)
Looked around for the culprit and came across this . . . not sure if this is the piece that is in the door that is causing the DOOR AJAR light to stay on but if it is, how hard is it to get to and replace?

http://replacement.autopartswarehou...gory=All&part=Door Open Warning Relay&dp=true

If anyone has a Chilton or other repair manual, does it have any cut-away schematics on the doors showing the relay?

Thanks

That is not the part. I saw the part and it looks nothing like it. The part should be only like $40 from the dealer.

Chris

Reaction score
Man this forum has really helped me out alot I tried a silicon spray on all of my locks and the door ajar light went out I also cycled thru the lock and unlock. ANd the light went off. The dealer said that fixing this item was not under my extended warranty plan which hardly nothing ever is!!
thanks

Chris

Reaction score
Man door ajar switch came back on afer a day anymore suggestions please help with parts or something!!

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your ecu? unplug your negative battery cable for about an hour or so and plug it back in. Let it idle for a few minutes and see what happens.

iRocco

Reaction score
I wasted a half of a large can on the WD-40 thing. Then I took off the door panel and found the door ajar switch just hanging, the plunger broken off. So I pulled the switch and ordered a new one. Now I'm looking for a good diagram to work from. I would prefer good photos. I hate taking apart the latch but it's a pain to reach in with my big hands and the visibility isn't that good in there.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a fix for this prob on this site...you will have to search "ajar" and go through all the threads to find it...