Weather Tech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mssbf2011

Reaction score
Just got the bsr cargo mat put in and I’m completely pleased. I wasn’t sure about the bumper protector thing but it was the only option when I ordered, it looks pretty function and I do have to lean against the bumper when removing the BoB stroller and during diaper changes so I’ll use it and see what I think. If I don’t care for it it’s easily removable via 4 snaps.

View attachment 24766

I see the hand of a "little helper" at the bottom of your photo....glad to see the kids are excited about the cargo mat :)

Looks really nice. I'm still waiting for WeatherTech to release the floorliners for 2nd row buckets :emotions33:

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
what is this, 1984?
Yeah. See the problem with you 4th gen folks is you all are so worried about the truck doing everything for you. You all are old and lazy and just don’t want to expend any energy bc you expect the truck to do everything for you.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I received my mats today and the front fits as they should but I just don’t care for how they cover up the door sill, I may just keep the factory carpet ones in until I need the weathertech for a trip that would require them, the plush carpet is gonna be hard to go without. Now on to the second row, it doesn’t fit at all. Looking at some of the pics y’all have posted of the expy it almost looks like that’s what I have here. It’s no where close, I just emailed weathertech so I’ll see what they say. The color is a good match though. They shipped the behind 2nd row cargo mat separate so I won’t know about it until Thursday when it arrives, fingers crossed for it.

View attachment 24731 View attachment 24733 View attachment 24734 View attachment 24735
I got my front and not sure I love the way they cover the sills. Luckily mine came with Ford’s all weather mats, again not perfect but I think I like their fit better.

Pics to come soon.

Last edited:

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got the bsr cargo mat put in and I’m completely pleased. I wasn’t sure about the bumper protector thing but it was the only option when I ordered, it looks pretty function and I do have to lean against the bumper when removing the BoB stroller and during diaper changes so I’ll use it and see what I think. If I don’t care for it it’s easily removable via 4 snaps.

View attachment 24766
Got the BTR and it is pretty nice. Still using the Ford version now.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Canvasback liners?

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/ford-expedition-cargo-liners-2018.html

I've got the short Expy and am looking for something that will cover the back of the third row seats when folded down but that I don't have to remove every time I use those seats. This seems to fit pretty well and also allows access to the storage tray behind the third row. I believe it sticks to the carpet using velcro; I just wonder how well it stays in place.

With weathertech, I'd need to get the bigger version that goes behind the 2nd row, and then remove it when I have the third row folded up, which doesn't sound appealing to me.
Some one posted pics of that or a very similar version earlier. They seemed to like it. I forget who it was though.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my front and not sure I love the way they cover the sills. Luckily mine came with Ford’s all weather mats, again not perfect but I think I like their fit better.

Pics to come soon.
I’m in the same boat on the fronts. Someone posted a pic earlier of theirs that they trimmed and they looked good. I’m just gonna rock the carpet mats in front until a trip that requires the weathertechs.

azgdds

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Canvasback liners?

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/ford-expedition-cargo-liners-2018.html

I've got the short Expy and am looking for something that will cover the back of the third row seats when folded down but that I don't have to remove every time I use those seats. This seems to fit pretty well and also allows access to the storage tray behind the third row. I believe it sticks to the carpet using velcro; I just wonder how well it stays in place.

With weathertech, I'd need to get the bigger version that goes behind the 2nd row, and then remove it when I have the third row folded up, which doesn't sound appealing to me.
I put the first canvasbacks in mine 2 months ago. I will look for the pictures, but they are on the forum somewhere. I like them a lot. I wanted full coverage and the ability to fold and unfold seats on a whim without removing anything. They work great for that.

Link to pictures

http://www.expeditionforum.com/index.php?posts/293143

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zarga

Reaction score
I've been surprisingly happy with the Ford all-weather mats, so I didn't order the Weather Techs when I ordered the 3rd row mat. Love the 3rd row WT fit. Like someone else mentioned, I would love some kind of mat for the back that could fold for 3rd row up or down. Instead, I think I'm going to get the mat with bumper guard behind the 3rd row, then use it with the reversible Ford mat for coverage with the 3rd row seat down.

I picked up the universal WT rear mat at Costco a few months ago for our other car and I can throw that in the back of the Expy when needed. (That won't fly for someone with OCD tendencies, like Artie though.) :)

Joshua DeHaan

Reaction score
Any of you fine folks with the MAX ordered one of the Weather Tech Cargo area mats? Did you opt for the full size or the smaller version for behind the third row?

Got the full size behind the 2nd row. Coverage is great but it does negate the cargo management system behind the 3rd row. We will just deal with using the carpet on the rare occasion utilize the 3rd row since primarily we have 2 dog crates back there.

We also ordered our first row WTs last week when I got the email that they came out. They do cover up the platinum sill plate. It wasn't ideal but I'm more likely to scuff the plate anyway with all of the various outdoor stuff we do and it keeps mud and dirt off the carpet getting in and out so we lived with it. The fit is great.

I'm waiting for the second row buckets still. Hopefully won't have the fitment issues Artie had in the Navi, but we put coolers and muddy field boots back there so that coverage will be nice to have.

I also picked up some stick on velcro from a fabric store and attached strips to the bottom of the cargo mat. Keeps it in place a lot better and cost like $2 but still easily removable.
image1 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg IMG_9410.jpg

Last edited:

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the full size behind the 2nd row. Coverage is great but it does negate the cargo management system behind the 3rd row. We will just deal with using the carpet on the rare occasion utilize the 3rd row since primarily we have 2 dog crates back there.

We also ordered our first row WTs last week when I got the email that they came out. They do cover up the platinum sill plate. It wasn't ideal but I'm more likely to scuff the plate anyway with all of the various outdoor stuff we do and it keeps mud and dirt off the carpet getting in and out so we lived with it. The fit is great.

I'm waiting for the second row buckets still. Hopefully won't have the fitment issues Artie had in the Navi, but we put coolers and muddy field boots back there so that coverage will be nice to have.

I also picked up some stick on velcro from a fabric store and attached strips to the bottom of the cargo mat. Keeps it in place a lot better and cost like $2 but still easily removable.
View attachment 24814 View attachment 24815 View attachment 24816

Thanks for the info. Good looking dogs. :)