Weird idle major loss in power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JulianOltean

Reaction score
Been having this intermittent problem with my truck going on for 3 months now , first it was a misfire in bank 2 would randomly hesitate on starts and idling then turned into much worse hard misfires while driving , I replaced the coil pack in that cylinder problem seemed to have gone away no more hard misfires , but every now and again it would start with the hesitation no codes would pop up, I ran some fuel injector cleaner through it and all seemed well had a really smooth idle for a few days then it started with a rough idle where the truck would just shake especially in drive and I noticed a ticking noise coming from the exit of the exhaust not an exhaust leak separate noise... is this an exhaust valve problem???? I ran 2 cans of seafoam through it and some oil treatment seemed to help clean up the idle then later that day I went for a drive and it was like I did nothing.. still no codes but a rough idle .. I replaced the IAC which seemed to be a waste of $100 no change in the performance of the truck if I unplug the MAF it hesitated for a second and then returns to a rough idle .. is this a sign of a bad maf ? Plugs have less then 50 k on them so I doubt that they are causing any problems .. exhaust really smells like fuel here’s a video of the problem ... doesn’t do it much justice but the exhaust note is quite clear near the end ! Thanks in adnavance

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well just read your post, you might want to repost in appropriate column, first, or second generation section, along with year, engine size, and 2 or 4 wheel drive. The forum members tend to read those columns more.I'm going to take a stab here, not knowing what you have, but it sounds like a intake leak, that's causing roughness. The usual diagnostic procedure is run, or have someone run your computer dtc stored codes, and then fuel pressure test. That will give us a starting point. A lot of great talent, including myself here. Post what you find, we'll help you narrow down your issues.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360