Weird/Random deformity on 3rd row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j2gifted

Reaction score
I have an 07 Expy LTD w/ power 3rd row.

I typically keep the 3rd row open even though it rarely gets used.

I went in the 3rd row a few weeks ago and noticed some strange slightly raised (around the edges) and overly shiny portion or the leather.

f1b8386037d91199479661bfa65b864b.jpg

This came out of nowhere. I cleaned the seat with leather cleaner and there was no change. The leather is still soft.. no cracks.

I took it to an interior guy and he says its "normal wear and tear" and the foam behind the leather is probably breaking down.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FYI, 100% of all 3rd row seats (XLT with leather, Limited, King Ranch, Eddie Bauer, platinum, Navigators, etc) are made of vinyl. Zero leather from the factory on the third row, no matter how much you spent. Leather is only on the 'seating surface' of the front two rows, meaning the sides and backs are this same leather looking vinyl.

With that, I'm stumped, never seen anything like it. If you can live with the "raised part", try a vinyl specific cleaner, like you'd find at a marine store like Boaters World, or Cabela's/Bass Pro Shop type place. Leather cleaners often contain conditioners for the leather to absorb, which this vinyl won't. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to another upholstery shop where, preferably, they can tell the difference between vinyl and leather. Ford did a good job of matching, but come on...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

j2gifted

Reaction score
What kind of long term damage can I expect from this?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk