What’s the difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for some help and clarity. I have narrowed in my choice down to two different 2020 Expys one is a 2020 limited 302 package with heavy duty, trailing electronic, limited, slip and captains chairs. The other is a 301 with the special edition package, give me what I think is the same same truck just different wheels.

Can anyone weigh in on what the difference actually is the brochure doesn’t seem to help very much?

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’ll need to compare the window stickers for each, if available. Check the rear axle codes on each to better understand the final drive ratio (3.31s only come on non HD tow prepped expeditions, 3.73s will come on expeditions with the HD tow prep added).

You can google the tow guide for each model year and find axle code info within. The axle code can be found on the payload stick located on the driver side B pillar.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for direction. Will need to really look window stickers over. At multiple glances so far i see no difference. But i need to print and review. They both have HD TOW as that is one of key features in “Special Edition” which seemed to bundle several popular features.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have carfax reports, those usually have the Moroney window sticker attached as a PDF. Don't trust brochures, they were printed before the cars were really in production.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire