What am I going to need?

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by JExpedition07, Jan 9, 2018.

1. deweysmith

deweysmith Full Access Members

Mine does! There's a setting for it, and it takes maybe 10 seconds, but mine has always updated the time when I cross time zones. I did it just last week.

2. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Elite Member

CC62F97F-061F-4A2F-9629-92E0DC8F8AA7.jpeg
    I do like that it reminds me it’s a Ford when I start up now ;). Now time to clean it up, the buttons weren’t the cleanest. Overall the project is easy (10-15 minutes) and after driving around with it for 24 hours I’m happy with the purchase. If you do it just make sure you source it from a similar truck (same year etc.).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Active Member

If you find that the touch screen has shiny spots worn in it, try covering it with a non-glare peel-and-stick screen protector from ebay. IT helps even out the wear spots.

4. Richard_S

Richard_S Member

Hello,
    That's cool that you had success just plugging it in and it working. Really nice to know.

If you are going to sign up for a Sirius account, and use the Nav, I find it well worth the money. It gives you the Travel software and you can find gas stations with current prices, weather, poi locations, etc. I use it all the time. I especially like the live weather map and the gas station price feature. I recently updated the software for the unit from the My Ford website and the voice function seems to work better, and there is a reboot option.
    I also spent the money and bought the discs from Ford for 149 and it included the Gracenote music info. I don't know if it was worth it, but I travel a lot to new places and it seems to be working well. When buying this it asks for the serial number of the unit and provides a unique activation code. Now that I have it installed I have the 4 discs that are probably usless, unless someone knows of a way to generate a code for activation. Did the one you bought online work??

5. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Elite Member

The 07,08,09, Expeditions were pre sync, I ordered the latest map update and it’s supposed to come tomorrow for the navigation portion, still waiting on my antenna.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 3:44 PM
  6. Richard_S

Richard_S Member

Oh, very cool that it is easier to upgrade without the sync. Enjoy your new system!

7. marlinpruett

marlinpruett Member

As a tip,I use this in my Line in plug for playing Pandora thru my radio.Cost about $12.00 on Ebay.
    [​IMG]

8. marlinpruett

marlinpruett Member

My 07 EXP EL clock does not update that I can tell. There's a system page for correcting date and time and it does not do a Daylight Saving update automatically only manually .