What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did my plugs and coils last year. Found some really helpful instructions that explained how to get to each plug, which extensions/swivel to use. Ended up being pretty straight forward. All plugs came out pretty easily. She ran much better afterwards... I think I had like 180K miles on the original plugs. I'm supposed to be doing my springs/struts/lift today but I'm procrastinating. I need to just get in there and start turning wrenches... it's a rainy day here in the 'Couv so perfect for an in garage project. When I hit "Post Reply" I'll go get a heavier duty spring compressor and get at it.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F-ing junk makes me afraid to even mess with mine but i know mine are made like a normal human being made them

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well I just did 2 plugs today #4 & #8 (the hardest two) and they both broke in 3 pcs, hopefully I can tackle the remaining 6 & both VCT's tomorrow.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got one of four corners done... new spring, new strut/shock, 3.5" lift. One down, three to go. Still needed to torque a few things down when I took this picture. The passenger front should go way faster tomorrow. Then the rears.

IMG_6245.JPG

Stepcajun

Reaction score
Hey Bob.
What size tires are you going to run after the lift?
I've been watching your progress in the posts.
I'm just on the other side of the river in beaverton, would love to check out the bumper when it gets done, I'm even handy with tools if you need help mounting it.
Let me know
Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Bob! I've got my eye on 35's because of all the great pictures of others on the forum who are running 35's. I like the look.

The bumper should be done this week, will take a week to ship it out here, and then I need to have it painted somewhere. I've asked Natalie from WAM to take a picture of the mounting points so that I can get a feel for what's entailed. I've heard two other guys with expeditions talk about the TAG bumpers (now WAM)... one had to have mounting plates welded onto the bumper and the other guy mentioned something like the bumper was setup for a body lift. Natalie did ask me about a body lift and I told her no, so I'm hoping it goes on without any major glitches. But I'll dry fit it before having it painted just in case. Would love to have some help with mounting when it gets here... thanks for the offer!